Scranton 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Semi trucks and 18 wheelers are common sights on Pennsylvania roadways. These huge vehicles can weigh 80,000 pounds or more, causing significant damage to other vehicles and their occupants.
Truck accidents can cause serious injuries and even death. Those who survive may end up with catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, spinal injuries, head trauma, paralysis, and amputation. Getting adequate compensation to pay for these damages can be quite the challenge, though. That’s because trucking companies often hire high-powered lawyers to help them hide any evidence of a crash that could show they were liable. They act quickly and you need to as well.
Injured in a truck accident? Contact a Scranton 18 wheeler accident lawyer from Needle Law Firm. We have helped many injured victims obtain full and fair compensation for their damages.
Causes of Truck Accidents
While many truck accidents are caused by other drivers, there are many situations in which truck drivers and trucking companies can be at fault. They include the following:
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers are often bored as they drive for most of the day. They will often look for ways to entertain themselves, which can lead to distractions.
- Driving while fatigued. Truck drivers work long days behind the wheel and often at night, which can cause them to feel tired.
- Road and weather conditions. Truck drivers need to be wary of road conditions such as potholes and hazards. Weather conditions such as rain, wind, ice, and snow also need to be considered.
- Alcohol or drug use. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal because it can affect the body in various ways. It can reduce judgment and reaction times, making accidents more likely.
- Truck drivers are on tight deadlines, so they may sometimes speed, which can make it harder to stop, especially with a full load.
- Failing to properly train drivers. Driving a truck is not an easy job. Trucking companies need to properly train drivers or else they can be held liable for a crash.
- Lack of proper maintenance. Semi trucks and 18 wheelers are on the road daily and need to be regularly maintained. Brakes and tires need to be checked to ensure that they are in good working order.
Drivers of other vehicles need to be aware of the limitations of 18 wheelers. These vehicles are large and can impact visibility for everyone on the roadway. Also, car drivers should be aware that trucks are unable to maneuver as quickly and as efficiently as a car.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
Truck accidents are a top cause of serious injury and death across the United States. These are complicated cases to win, so if you are a victim, your best course of action is to seek legal help right away.
Needle Law Firm has decades of experience handling these complex claims. Contact our Scranton 18 wheeler accident lawyers today to learn about your legal options. Call our office at (570) 344-1266 or fill out the online form.