Scranton Car Accident Neck Injury Lawyer
When you get into a car accident, you’re likely to see lacerations, bruises, and other signs of injury. However, neck injuries are unique. Most injuries are immediately apparent after an accident but neck and spine injuries cannot be seen from the outside and are not easily detected. This is because your body releases adrenaline after it has been through trauma, and this can mask the pain and injury.
The neck is vulnerable, making it susceptible to injuries. A neck injury can cause a variety of damages. You may have minor pain and soft tissue sprains or suffer from herniated or bulging discs. In severe cases, you may even have spinal cord damage.
Neck injuries can be complex. They may require various types of therapy and extensive rehabilitation. Get the compensation you need to recover with help from a Scranton car accident neck injury lawyer from Needle Law Firm.
Types of Neck Injuries
The most common types of neck injuries include the following:
- This is the most common type of neck injury. It is caused by a back-and-forth motion of the neck in an accident. Whiplash is most common in rear-end accidents and can damage the muscle, ligaments, or soft tissue in the neck.
- Neck strains and sprains. These injuries are caused by tears in the muscle fibers after they are stretched too far by trauma.
- Herniated disc. This occurs when the discs between the vertebrae push through their bone casing, causing nerve pain or numbness.
- Pinched nerve. A pinched nerve in the neck occurs when a nerve is compressed or irritated in some way. This can cause pain that radiates through your arms and hands.
- Cervical spondylosis. Severe pain in the joints and disc of the cervical spine can lead to cervical spondylosis, or neck arthritis.
- Spinal cord injury. A spinal cord injury is probably the most serious injury on this list. This injury typically results from a blow to the spine. This can result in the permanent loss of function and feeling.
Can I Receive Compensation?
A neck injury can cause various damages. If you’ve suffered a neck injury in an accident, you might not be able to work and earn income. At the same time, you may have significant medical expenses that will likely continue to rise.
If you can prove that your neck injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, then you can recover compensation for expenses related to your injury, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life. Your lawyer can assess your claim and determine the right amount of compensation.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
Neck injuries can be complicated. A neck injury can be long-lasting, given that the neck connects to the brain and spain. An injury can cause varying degrees of paralysis.
Needle Law Firm can help you obtain compensation for your neck injuries. We have more than 20 years of experience helping car accident victims like yourself. See how our Scranton car accident neck injury lawyers can assist you. Fill out the online form or call (570) 344-1266 to schedule a free consultation.