Scranton Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Semi-trucks are a common sight on Pennsylvania roadways. While these vehicles are necessary for commerce, they can cause a lot of damage in a collision. Many people are seriously injured or killed in semi-truck crashes.
Have you been a victim? Contact Needle Law Firm for help with your case. Our Scranton semi-truck accident lawyers will work hard to gather evidence and get you the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be caused by various factors, including the following:
- Truck drivers often have to meet strict deadlines. This puts pressure on the driver and may force them to go faster than they should, which can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Truck drivers often work long hours. While they are limited to 11 hours of driving per day under federal law, trucking companies sometimes make drivers work longer. When days turn into nights, fatigue can set in.
- It is illegal to drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Not only are they illegal but they are unsafe, as they can impair coordination and judgment. Even prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs can make a driver drowsy, which can lead to accidents.
- Lack of maintenance. Semi-trucks are driven hundreds of miles a day. They suffer from a lot of wear and tear, which means they need to be inspected regularly. Poorly maintained trucks are unsafe. Brakes and tires especially need to be checked to prevent blowouts and loss of control.
Why You Need a Lawyer
If you have been involved in a truck accident, don’t delay. These cases are complex and you need the right legal representation. Here’s how a lawyer can help:
- They can get you the compensation you deserve. Trucking companies have a big budget to spend on legal representation so they won’t have to spend money on you. They will work quickly to secure legal counsel. If you don’t use a personal injury lawyer, you will be an underdog.
- They can uncover all liable parties. You have the right to seek compensation from any negligent party. While the trucking company is the most obvious defendant, it may not be the only one. The truck manufacturer, the loading company, or even the city could all be held liable, depending on the circumstances of your case.
- They offer peace of mind. When you have a lawyer on your side, you leave all the work to them. They’ll deal with the insurance companies so you don’t have to. You won’t have to worry about doing or saying the wrong things.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
Truck accidents can be complex. If you have been a victim, make sure you understand your legal rights.
Get the compensation you deserve from the Scranton semi-truck accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm. We’ll work quickly to gather the evidence you need to prove your case. To schedule a free consultation, call (570) 344-1266 or fill out the online form.