Scranton Uber Accident Lawyer
Many people in Pennsylvania use rideshare services such as Uber to get from place to place. If you don’t drive or cannot afford a car, Uber is a convenient way to get to and from work, run errands, and visit friends and family.
However, when you ride in an Uber vehicle, you still face the risk of getting into an accident. You may think that your Uber driver is safe, but they may be distracted, under the influence, or just a reckless driver in general. These issues put your safety at risk.
An Uber accident can cause serious injuries. Be sure to get the compensation you deserve. The Scranton Uber accident lawyers from Needle Law Firm can help you with your claim.
Common Uber Accidents and Injuries
People can be involved in Uber accidents in various ways. They include the following:
- Uber vehicles causing an accident with other motorists
- Uber customers getting injured in an accident with another motor vehicle
- Uber drivers hitting pedestrians and bicyclists.
Uber accidents can suffer a variety of injuries, such as:
- Head trauma
- Brain injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
Who Can You Sue?
If you are injured in an Uber accident, you may be confused about the next steps. That’s why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side. Your lawyer can assist you with determining liability. You can file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the following parties:
- Uber driver
- Any applicable insurance policy (Uber’s insurance company or the driver’s insurance company)
Why You Need an Uber Accident Attorney
It’s normal for victims to be confused about the next steps, since the driver is employed by a company. That’s where your lawyer can help. They can help you do the following:
- Investigate your case. Your lawyer will need to know the details of your accident. What happened? Who was involved? What injuries did you suffer?
- Gather evidence. In order to prove liability, your lawyer will need evidence. They will assess the accident scene, review police reports, and interview witnesses to get information. Sometimes experts may be needed to recreate the accident scene and offer advice.
- Manage your medical treatment. Your lawyer will help you get the medical treatment you need. They can direct you to the right doctors and ensure you get all your injuries properly documented.
- File your claim. Your lawyer can file a personal injury claim and sue the appropriate parties. They can negotiate a settlement or take your case to court.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
While Uber can be a great way to get from place to place, accidents can still occur. If you have been injured by an Uber driver, you may be confused about the process.
The Scranton Uber accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm can assess your case and determine liability. To schedule a free consultation with our office, call (570) 344-1266 or fill out the online form.