Archbald Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving Lackawanna County
Personal injuries in Archbald and throughout Lackawanna County cause severe disabilities and significant financial costs. Both deadly and nonfatal injuries result in $1,158.4 billion in costs annually, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). That figure accounts for more than 200,000 avoidable deaths and more than 55 million nonfatal injuries that happen across the country. While it is almost impossible to know when a serious accident or injury is going to happen, it is important to know that there are steps you may be able to take in order to seek compensation. Whether you were injured in a traffic collision, a slip and fall accident, a dog attack, or as a result of medical negligence or nursing home neglect, you should be eligible to file a claim. An attorney can evaluate your situation and provide you with more information. Contact our experienced Archbald personal injury lawyer to learn more about personal injury cases in Pennsylvania and the options that could be available to you.
Archbald Personal Injury Cases: Steps to Take After an Injury
After you have suffered a serious injury in Archbald or elsewhere in Lackawanna County, it is critical to take steps to preserve evidence and your ability to obtain financial compensation for your losses. While the specific steps you need to take will depend in part on the details of your injury and the type of personal injury case you may be filing, the following are general steps that can serve you well as you plan to file an injury claim:
- Document the injury as well as you can, which usually involves taking photographs of the area where the accident happened, images of any physical injuries or property damages, and pictures of any other relevant details that can help to paint a picture of the scene or provide an accident reconstruction expert with information to support your claim;
- Ask witnesses for their contact information, being sure to obtain names, phone numbers, and at least email addresses of anyone who might have witnessed your injury occur, and be sure to get in touch soon to obtain recent recollections;
- Get a medical evaluation as soon as possible since many types of severe injuries do not immediately result in signs or symptoms, including potentially paralyzing spinal cord injuries;
- Report the accident or injury to your insurer as soon as possible if you were injured in a traffic collision, or report the accident or injury to your employer as quickly as possible but within 120 days at maximum in order to be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits; and
- Get in touch with an experienced personal injury attorney in Archbald who can evaluate your case and help you to determine your options for moving forward with a claim for financial compensation.
Contact the Needle Law Firm Today
You should seek advice from an attorney at the Needle Law Firm as soon as you can if you have suffered a serious personal injury. Our firm represents clients in many kinds of personal injury lawsuits and is here to discuss your options with you for seeking compensation. Contact our experienced Archbald personal injury lawyer to learn more about how we can help.