Old Forge Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving Lackawanna County
Devastating personal injuries happen much too often in Lackawanna County, including in Old Forge. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are more than 200,000 deaths in unintentional accidents every year, including more than 40,000 motor vehicle accident fatalities. People in Pennsylvania and throughout the country also suffer serious and fatal injuries in falls, accidental poisonings, drownings, and as a result of medical negligence and encounters with workplace hazards. In most personal injury cases, the injury could have been prevented with improved safety or with increased care. If you were injured, or if you lost a loved one in an avoidable accident, it is essential to get in touch with an attorney who can help you to determine your options. Contact our experienced Old Forge personal injury lawyer today to find out about filing a personal injury claim.
Accident and Injury Claims in Old Forge
At the Needle Law Firm, we serve clients in Old Forge and throughout Lackawanna County in many kinds of personal injury cases. We know how devastating it can be to suffer a personal injury, and we know how critical it is to move quickly with a claim for financial compensation. Your options for seeking compensation after a personal injury will depend on the type of case, including how and where your specific injury occurred in Old Forge. Our Old Forge personal injury lawyers regularly assist clients with the following types of cases:
- Motor vehicle accident claims, which may need to start with a no-fault auto insurance claim and proof that you meet a certain injury threshold to file a lawsuit, including for car accidents, bus accidents, and truck accidents;
- Transportation accidents, including train accidents, bicycle accidents, and motorcycle accidents;
- Birth injury lawsuits against a health care provider or a health care facility who is responsible for your baby’s injuries or for maternal injuries sustained during labor and delivery;
- Negligence lawsuit against a nursing home or a nursing home staff member who caused resident injuries as a result of elder abuse or neglect;
- Workers’ compensation claims following a workplace accident;
- Premises liability lawsuits after a dangerous slip, trip, or fall accident in Lackawanna County; and
- Wrongful death lawsuits, filed by the personal representative of the deceased’s estate on behalf of the surviving family members who may be eligible for compensation.
Old Forge Timeline for Your Personal Injury Case
There is not usually a specific time limit on insurance claims, although you must act quickly. For most personal injury lawsuits, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of the injury. If you need to file a workers’ compensation claim, you must report your injury to your employer within 120 days or lose your right to compensation.
Contact the Needle Law Firm Today
Are you in need of assistance with a personal injury claim following a serious accident or injury in Lackawanna County? You should seek advice from an attorney who can help you with your case. Contact our experienced Old Forge personal injury lawyer today to get started on your claim.