Scranton Bike Accident Lawyer
What should you do if involved in a Bike Accident?
Call 911! You need the Police and an ambulance.
First and foremost, get treatment for any injuries you have. Second, you want the accident to be properly investigated. Having a police report, based on information gathered at the scene by the investigating officer, can be a vital piece of evidence in your case.
It is important that you obtain the vehicle operator’s insurance information, address, phone number and license plate number. Also, if there are witnesses at the scene, get their names and phone numbers, as well.
When dealing with the driver of the other vehicle, just keep the conversation cordial and get the required information. Don’t minimize your injuries or the damage to the bike itself. The same is true when dealing with the investigating officer.
The most common situations that lead to bicycle accidents include:
- Left Turning Vehicle at an Intersection
- Left Turning Vehicle Through a Gap in Traffic
- Right Turning Vehicle Traveling Ahead of a Cyclist
- Car Door Opening
- Side-Swipe by a Passing Vehicle
- Rear-Ended by a Vehicle
- Dog attack
- Defect in the Bicycle
- Defect in the Roadway
Needle Law offers a free consultation to any cyclist involved in a bike accident. Our Scranton bicycle accident lawyers will fully discuss the details of your case, bike laws, procedures, fees and costs. Needle Law is here to help.
Some questions that are often asked are:
- Who is at fault?
- Who will pay for my medical expenses?
- Will I be compensated for my lost earnings?
- Will my bike be replaced?
- What is the estimated value of my case?
- How much are the attorney fees and costs?