Scranton ATV Accident Lawyer
All terrain vehicles (ATVs), also known as four-wheelers, can be fun vehicles to ride. These rough and rugged motorcycles can traverse through various terrain, making them great for farm work, hunting, exploring the wilderness, and other recreational activities.
However, when operated unsafely, ATVs can be dangerous. They can easily flip over, causing serious injuries.
ATVs can be unstable, rolling over and causing serious injuries. Have you or a loved one been affected? If so, contact a Scranton ATV accident lawyer from Needle Law Firm. We’ll help you understand your legal options.
Causes of ATV Accidents
ATV accidents are often caused by the following:
- Driving an ATV on a paved surface. ATVs do not handle well on pavement. They are designed for off-road use only.
- Operating in unfamiliar areas or terrain. ATVs should not be ridden in unfamiliar areas. If the vehicle goes down an unexpected cliff or goes into a pond, it will be tough to navigate.
- Carrying passengers. Most ATVs are designed for only one rider. Carrying even one passenger can cause stability issues and loss of control.
- Drivers without sufficient training should not ride alone. They should be supervised by an experienced rider. Children especially should not ride without adult supervision.
- Performing dangerous stunts. Reckless behavior can easily lead to accidents. Riders should operate ATVs at safe speeds and avoid performing stunts such as riding over hills and performing flips.
- Driving under the influence. Alcohol and drug use can lead to accidents due to decreased judgment and reaction times. Riders should not operate ATVs while impaired. They need to be aware and alert at all times.
Common ATV Injuries
ATV riders can suffer serious injuries in an accident. The most common injuries include:
- Broken bones. While broken bones do eventually heal, they are often very painful and can cause nerve damage as well as mobility issues.
- Brain injuries. A blow to the head can cause severe brain damage and bleeding on the brain. These issues can lead to permanent disabilities, such as mobility issues and the inability to control bodily functions. Some victims may be in a coma for many months.
- Spinal cord injuries. The spinal cord carries signals between the brain and the rest of the body, so an injury can cause permanent damage to various parts of the body. The spinal cord cannot repair itself, so a wound can cause mobility issues or even paralysis.
- Internal organ damage. An ATV accident can cause serious injuries to the internal organs, requiring multiple surgeries and lengthy rehabilitation.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
ATVs can be fun to drive, but they come with dangers. They can roll over and cause serious injuries or even death.
If you have been a victim, make sure you understand your rights to compensation. Needle Law Firm can guide you through the legal process. Contact our Scranton ATV accident lawyers today by calling (570) 344-1266 or filling out the online form.