Scranton Limo Accident Lawyer
Many people hire limousines to travel around in style. These long vehicles can fit many passengers, making them ideal for celebrating special events such as proms, weddings, and birthday parties with loved ones. They’re also great for traveling to concerts, parties, wineries, and other events.
To most people, limos sound like fun — and for the most part, they are. However, many people overlook the fact that limos are vehicles just like cars and trucks and can be involved in serious accidents.
There are several factors involved that can make limo accidents dangerous. One of them is the limo’s weight. Limos are larger than other vehicles, which means they require longer stopping time, especially when filled with people. Sometimes limos are overcrowded. There may not be enough seat belts for everyone, which can be unsafe in the event of a crash. Also, limo drivers tend to work long hours. This leads to fatigue and reduced awareness of the road, which makes it harder to handle the limo in demanding driving conditions. Plus, let’s not forget the atmosphere of a limo, which may include disco lights, loud music, and alcohol. These elements may create distractions for drivers.
Limo accidents can be complicated. Multiple parties can be held liable. Get the help you need from Needle Law Firm. Count on our experienced Scranton limo accident lawyers to help you with your case.
Liability in a Limo Accident
Who do you blame for a limo accident? There are multiple parties who could be held liable, such as the following:
- Limousine driver. Many accidents are caused by the negligence of the limo driver. Limo drivers are ultimately responsible for getting occupants to their destinations safely. However, some drivers may speed, violate traffic laws, or even fall asleep at the wheel.
- Limousine company. The limo company could be held liable for an accident if it uses a defective limo, hires unqualified drivers, or improperly trains staff. A lack of proper safety procedures can make a limo company liable.
- Limousine maintenance company. If the limo company uses a third-party maintenance company to maintain the limousines, that maintenance company could be held accountable if negligent maintenance leads to an accident
- Manufacturers and retailers of the limousine. A limousine manufacturer or retailer could be held responsible for an accident if it was caused by a defective limousine on the road.
- Other drivers. Drivers of other vehicles may be held responsible for negligent or reckless driving that causes a limo accident.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
While it can be fun to travel around town in a limo, these vehicles come with dangers just like any other automobile. If you have been injured, be sure to get the compensation you deserve.
Contact the experienced Scranton limo accident lawyers from Needle Law Firm today to get started on your case. To schedule a free consultation, fill out the online form or call (570) 344-1266.