Scranton Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Wrongful death occurs when someone’s negligence or reckless behavior causes another person to die. There are many ways in which wrongful death can occur, but car accidents are the most common.
Car accidents can happen in a variety of ways. Some involve multiple vehicles, while many others are solo-vehicle crashes. There are head-on crashes, rear-end accidents, T-bone accidents, run off road crashes, rollovers, and more. Any of these can result in a catastrophic or even fatal crash.
Fatal crashes are unexpected. They are highly emotional events that can cause extreme grief and devastation. They can also result in significant damages. Make sure you get full and fair compensation with help from Needle Law Firm. File a claim with a Scranton fatal car accident lawyer today.
Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
Fatal car accidents can happen in many ways such as the following:
- Driving too fast can lead to loss of control.
- Distracted driving. Cell phone use while driving contributes to distracted driving, but so does eating, reading, grooming, talking to passengers, and other behaviors, killing several thousand people every year.
- Poor weather. Ice, rain, and snow can cause slick roads and poor visibility, both which can lead to disaster.
- Drunk driving. Alcohol affects judgment and causes poor driving. Every year, thousands of drivers are under the influence of alcohol or drugs when an accident occurs.
- Failure to obey traffic signals. Not following stop signs and traffic signals can cause serious crashes.
Damages Caused by a Fatal Car Accident
A fatal car accident can result in significant damages. You can receive compensation for things such as:
- Property damage. The car involved in the crash will likely be damaged or even totaled.
- Medical bills. Even if the person dies, there may still be medical expenses involved, such as hospitalization, surgeries, and medications.
- Funeral and burial expenses. Funeral services and burials are often considered final expenses, but these costs can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Mental anguish. Losing a loved one unexpectedly can result in significant grief and mental anguish. Bereavement can impact every area of your life, including your ability to work and perform daily activities.
- Loss of companionship. The sudden loss of a loved one can be devastating. Being deprived of companionship and care can be damaging to all aspects of your life.
- Loss of financial resources. If you relied on your deceased loved one for wages, health insurance, and other financial benefits, this sudden loss of support would place significant stress on you and your family.
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
If your loved one has been involved in a fatal car accident, you may wonder about your next steps. Is filing a lawsuit the right option?
While money won’t bring back your loved one, it can help cover the damages. Contact the Scranton fatal car accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm to learn more about your legal options. Fill out the online form or call (570) 344-1266 to schedule a free consultation.