Scranton Red Light Accident Lawyer
The rules of the road are in place for one main reason: to prevent accidents. Sure, it may suck to have to sit at a red light when you’re already running late, but these traffic signals keep vehicles moving safely. Without red lights, there would be right of way and failure to yield issues that would cause many accidents on the roadway.
So when a driver runs a red light, it’s a serious issue. It endangers other vehicles and their occupants. They can suffer serious injuries. Some people even die from this reckless behavior.
A driver who runs a red light may face a civil lawsuit as well as criminal charges. As a victim, you need to understand your legal rights. The Scranton red light accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm can help you with your case.
Why Do Drivers Run Red Lights?
Drivers know that red lights mean stop, but they don’t always stop. They may be acting in a negligent or reckless manner
- The driver is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- The driver is overly tired and not paying attention.
- The driver is visually impaired or otherwise cannot see the red light.
- The driver is racing or acting in a reckless manner.
Who is a Red Light Runner?
A red light runner is someone who enters an intersection after a light turns from yellow to red. Even when a right turn is permitted on a red light, the driver can be in violation of the law if they do not come to a complete stop.
Any driver who runs a red light and subsequently causes an accident may be at fault. Other parties who could be at fault for a red light accident include the following:
- A municipality if a malfunction in traffic signals contributed to your collision
- An employer of a red light runner who was operating a company vehicle or their own vehicle in a professional capacity at the time of the crash
- Any other third party whose actions or failures to act causes an accident
Why You Need a Lawyer
Red light accidents can be too complex to handle on your own. A lawyer can help you with the following:
- Collect evidence to help prove your claim, such as surveillance video of the crash, photos of the aftermath, and any witness accounts
- Obtain medical documentation proving your injuries
- Retain any medical experts to prove your damages
- Submit all necessary paperwork
- File your lawsuit
- Help negotiate a settlement
- Represent you in court if necessary
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
Running a red light is a selfish move that puts others at risk. Other vehicles may be involved in a crash and the occupants could suffer severe injuries or even death.
If you have been a victim of any type of car accident, seek legal help from the Scranton red light accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm. We’ll help assess liability so you get the compensation you deserve. Fill out the online form or call (570) 344-1266 to schedule a free consultation.