Scranton T-Bone Accident Lawyer
There are many types of accidents that can occur while driving. One of them is a T-bone crash. Also known as a side impact accident, these crashes occur when the front of one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle in the shape of the letter “T,” hence the name.
These crashes can be dangerous for one main reason: the point of impact is typically the door(s) on the driver or passenger side. Car doors are not designed to absorb impacts as well as the front or back of the vehicle. This means that anyone who is seated on the side of the vehicle that sustains the impact can suffer serious injuries. In some cases, these crashes lead to fatality.
As you can see, T-bone accidents can be dangerous. Get the help you need from Needle Law Firm. Our Scranton T-bone accident lawyers will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.
Causes of T-Bone Accidents
T-bone accidents can be caused by the following:
- Running red lights or stop signs. Right of way issues and failure to yield often lead to T-bone accidents. A driver who misses their signal to stop their vehicle can cause a crash, since cars are often traveling perpendicularly.
- Distracted driving. T-bone accidents may also be caused by distracted driving. Drivers who are not focusing on the road may not see other vehicles or signals, causing them to crash.
- Driving while intoxicated. Driving under the influence is not only illegal but unsafe. Intoxication can reduce judgment and coordination. Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be less alert, increasing their risk of crashes.
- Malfunctioning traffic lights. Power outages and mechanical failures can cause traffic lights to malfunction. The intersections may not properly signal for vehicles to stop, which can cause right of way issues and subsequent collisions.
- Malfunctioning brakes. Although rare, there are situations in which a malfunction can prevent a vehicle from stopping. If it can be proven that malfunctioning brakes caused a T-bone crash, the manufacturer of the brakes or vehicle could be held liable.
A T-bone accident can cause a wide range of injuries, from whiplash to broken bones to burns to traumatic brain injuries. In order to receive compensation for these injuries, you need to prove that another party was liable.
It’s best to hire an experienced T-bone crash lawyer who can help you establish fault for the accident. This may involve gathering evidence such as the following:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Medical reports
- Expert testimony
Contact Needle Law Firm Today
T-bone accidents can cause significant injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in one, make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to receive.
The Scranton T-bone accident lawyers at Needle Law Firm will give your case the attention it deserves. To schedule a free consultation, fill out the online form or call (570) 344-1266.